Dante digital audio transmission technology is an audio transmission technology based on three-layer network, which provides a low delay, high precision and low cost solution for point-to-point audio connection. Dante technology can upload high-precision and professional audio signal over Ethernet (100m or 1000m), and can carry out complicated routing. Compared with the traditional audio transmission technology, it inherits all the advantages of CobraNet and Ethersound, such as uncompressed digital audio signal, which ensures good sound quality; it solves the complicated wiring problem in traditional audio transmission and reduces the cost; suitable for the existed network, no need to make special settings; the network audio signal is labeled in the form of "label".
Dante, at the same time, it has its own unique advantages:
1) Shorter delay, the Dante system can adjust the available network bandwidth automatically to minimize the delay.
2) Use IEEE1588 precise clock protocol for clock synchronization.
3) Adopt the Zeroconf proocol (Zero Configuration Networking), use the automatic configuration server to check the interface device, to identify label and partition IP address automatically. There is no need to start the high-level DNS or DHCP service, and save the complicated manual network configuration.
4) High compatibility of network. Dante technology allows audio signals, control data and other irrelevant data to share in the same network without interference. Users can make the most of the existed network without rebuilding the private network for the audio system.
5) Self healing system. In order to avoid unexpected audio transmission interruption, Dante system can set multiple self-healing mechanisms, such as clock loss, network failure, etc.
6) The transmission mode of audio channel can be unicast or multicast. Dante technology can be managed by IGMP (Internet Group Message Protocol). It can filter or shield the broadcast audio channel according to the needs of the receiver, which makes the multicast audio routing controllable.
Here is the basic structure of Dante audio system. The simplest Dante audio system consists of a Dante microphone, a Dante PoE speaker, which forms a minimum system by connecting to a PoE switch. However, PC software is also needed to route the microphone and speaker.
According to the number of the switch network ports, multiple Dante microphones or speakers can be added in the minimum system, and a microphone route can be set output to multiple speakers in the management software. But this system can't support multi microphone mixing output to one speaker. If there is such a demand, an audio processor needs to be connected to the system for matrix mixing. As shown in the figure below:
1. Interface standard unified, simple line, embedded network.
2. Collocation with Network Control Panel, the system volume and scene mode can be operated quickly without special maintenance.
3. POE power supply is used in the sound reinforcement part without power amplifier.
4. Scene mode preset, support one key switch.
But, if there is no Dante microphone and Dante speaker, how to build Dante audio system?
Dante interface device is to solve the problem of common terminal equipment accessing to Dante audio system. Imagine a remote room that needs multiple microphones and speakers. Then you just need a network cable and an interface device to connect them to Dante audio system. It should be pointed out that Dante audio processor usually has the function of interface device, but for the sake of cost, it is more economical to use interface device. By using Dante interface, the traditional analog audio equipment can be directly connected to any Dante system, enjoy interoperability, high performance and scalability that only networks can achieve.