Audinate launched Dante in 2003, which integrates technologies such as zeroconf, IP and DSCP, and IEEE1588 always protocol, further shortens the delay time, and reduces the cost due to no manual configuration and setting. Dante technology is becoming a trend in the field of audio transmission.
Dante digital audio transmission technology is a kind of audio transmission technology based on three-layer network, which provides a low delay, high precision and low cost solution for point-to-point audio connection. Dante technology can upload and send high-precision always signal and professional audio signal in Ethernet (100m or 1000m), and can carry out complex routing. Compared with the traditional audio transmission technology, it inherits all the advantages of CobraNet and ethersound, such as uncompressed digital audio signal, which guarantees good sound quality; solves the complex wiring problem in the traditional audio transmission and reduces the cost; adapts to the existing network without special settings; audio signals in the network are labeled in the form of "tags".
At the same time, it has its own unique advantages:
1) With shorter delay, Dante system can automatically adjust the available network bandwidth to minimize the delay.
2) IEEE1588 precise clock protocol is used for clock synchronization.
3) The protocol of Zero Configuration Networking is used to check the interface equipment, identification label and IP address of the partition automatically by using the automatic configuration server. It does not need to start the high-level DNS or DHCP services, and saves the complex manual network configuration.
4) High network compatibility. Dante technology allows the audio signal, control data and other irrelevant data streams to be shared in the same network without interference. Users can make the most of the existing network without rebuilding the private network for the audio system.
5) Self healing system. In order to avoid audio transmission interruption caused by accident, Dante system can set multiple self-healing mechanisms, such as clock loss, network failure, etc.
6) The transmission mode of the audio channel can be unicast or multicast. Dante technology can be managed by IGMP (Internet group message protocol), and can filter or shield the broadcast audio channel according to the needs of the receiving point, which makes the multicast audio routing controllable.